A general question most of us ask is ‘How can I bring my parents to Australia?’. Look no further than ANZ Education & VISA Service , registered and reliable migration agents in Australia. We have all the updated knowledge of the government provisions and parent visa processes, ensuring that your parents have a hassle-free experience. Applicant’s parents can migrate to Australia using our parent visa services, if their child is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen.
CATEGORIES OF PARENT VISA:
Depending on the situation, the parent visa can be availed under the following,
- Offshore application – Parent Visa (Subclass 143 or 173)
- Onshore applications – Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 804) and Contributory Aged Parent Visa (Subclass 864)
PARENT VISA (SUBCLASS 143 OR 173) – OFFSHORE APPLICATION:
- Age of the parent should be under 65 years
- Applicants should meet the ‘Balance of family’ test
- Affordability to make a non-refundable deposit to the Government of Australia per migrating parent
- Visa processing time of approximately 24 months or more
- Parents should pass the authorised health and police checks
On the contrary, the onshore applications need the parents to be 65 years or above. These applicants can enter Australia on a visitor or tourist visa without the ‘No Further Stay’ condition. The parents can apply for the valid parent visa whilst in Australia.
AGED PARENT VISA (SUBCLASS 804) – ONSHORE APPLICATION:
Known for its long processing time, over 25 years, this visa allows the parents to live in Australia till the decision is pending. These parent applicants hold Bridging Visa A and should apply for Bridging Visa B if they want to temporarily depart from Australia.
CONTRIBUTORY AGED PARENT VISA (SUBCLASS 864) – ONSHORE APPLICATION:
This is a permanent visa, allowing the parent to,
- Stay indefinitely in Australia or apply for citizenship
- Study or work in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare Australia
- Sponsor eligible family members for permanent residency
- Travel to and from Australia upto 5 years from the date the visa was granted
To determine the eligibility for a parent visa in Australia, please contact ANZ Education & VISA Service. We ensure a hassle-free experience for you and your parents.